- New footplate design allowing water to return through the footplate to aid degassing and reduce turbulence within the body
- Highly efficient cylinder body
- New Deltec developed emergency overflow system with water level indicator
- Whisper quiet operation
- Extremely low power consumption
- Quick and easy removal of the pump
- Fixed speed AC pump for easy setup
Check back soon!
Deltec 600ix AC protein skimmer
The new innovative internal skimmer from Deltec.
The Deltec 'ix' AC pump range of protein skimmers incorporates a new emergency overflow system that prevents the collection cup from overflowing in the event that the sump water level suddenly exceeds the skimmers specified water depth or the air intake becomes blocked. As the water level rises within the protein skimmer body the air feed to the pump will shut off automatically via the emergency overflow further reducing the chance of foam flooding the cup if the water level in the sump should ever rise due to a return pump failure.
The new protein skimmers also include minimum and maximum adjustment level marks on the outlet pipework for easy setup.
The 'double base' footplate design allows water to exit the protein skimmer body into a void within the footplate and into the integrated level adjustment tube and the emergency overflow tube. This new design feature means that water will exit the protein skimmer body at the lowest point greatly reducing the chance of microbubbles escaping the body, increasing air-water contact time and also reducing noise and turbulence within the protein skimmer body.
Due to waste accumulation and calcium carbonate build up protein skimmer pumps generally have to perform in a harsh environment and need to be cleaned periodically to maintain peak performance. With this in mind, Deltec has incorporated a quick tool-less removal system for the pump allowing for easy disassembly, in tests Deltec has been able to remove a pump for cleaning in less than 20 seconds meaning less time spent maintaining equipment and more time to enjoy your aquarium.
- Aquarium size 50-150 gallons
- Power consumption 11 watts with 500 liters of air (in normal operation)
- Dimensions (LXBXH): 22 x 14 x 51cm
- Pump Deltec DCS 400
- For sumps with 15 to 25cm water level